Wednesday 6 September 2017


| My House Warming Party Top 10 Tips |

Hello lovely readers. Today's post is a little bit different, & i'm not going to lie it's going to be a long one so sit back relax and grab a cuppa.



 Seeing as me & Kieran have just bought our own house we thought it would be a nice idea to celebrate & invite some of our friends round to have a house warming party. Now I am not really one for hosting however seeing as you are in your own home & with people that you know,it actually wasn't as scary as I originally thought. It went really well & I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I know I did!

So basically I thought I would do this post on some of my top tips on how to successfully host a house warming. Now obviously I am no expert & definitely no pro at planning or hosting party's by all means. However I just wanted to share some of my tips on what I did at our party so if anyone is a little unsure on what to do these are just some ideas that might help. Which I know helped for me. 

So........

Tip no 1. Make sure that you invite your guests well in advance. This means that people can make sure they can book time off i.e with work. Send out invites I personally just use good old Facebook, to make an events page. Or use Whats app another one of my favs, set up a group chat. Lets face it a house party won't be a party without any guests. 

Tip no 2. So I know everyone is different but personally for me I want my new house looking spotless for when people come round. Tidy house tidy mind as they say. Plus it gives you so much more room to play with.

Tip no 3. If you have a fair few people coming to your party you might want to think about what space you have to entertain your guests. So maybe a gazebo might be an idea. Give your guests the option to stand outside to get some fresh air without getting wet if it rains. 

Tip no 4. Make sure there is some music playing in the background gives it that bit of ambiance. Especially can help if there was any awkward silences. ( god forbid there isn't ) by the end of the night everyone's up & dancing which is always fun. 

Tip no 5. Food! I would definitely recommend putting some food on, it may just be finger food, but to be honest I think that's the best thing to do. Get some throw away plates & cutlery. Saves you washing up at the end of the night. 

Tip no 6. When everyone is arriving make sure that you introduce everyone if they don't know each other. That way everyone can get to know each other. Makes it a lot nicer, & the party will run a lot smoother. 

Tip no 7. Be creative! At our house party we had lots of booze. Now I know that might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is ours. We asked everyone to bring there own. ( We provided the food only seems fair ha ) So all we bought where the fruit juices. So me & Kieran made a homemade fruit punch. We had two different ones. Ill just give you the one recipe as the other one was just fruit juice and vodka. 

Fruit Punch Ingredients:

  • One bottle of summer fruits. One that you don't need to add water to.
  • Little bit of  cherry juice
  • Cut some Strawberry's & put in
  • Cut some watermelon up & put in
  • Add half a bottle of Vodka 1 litre bottle
  • Add mint

Also another little idea get some glitter jelly ( Hartley's ) add vodka and chill. Makes the perfect party snack. Especially for us girls as it looks so damn pretty. 

Tip no 8. As the night is coming to an end maybe suggest playing some board games. We played Articulate and it got everyone in stitches. We also played beer pong that's always a fun game. 

Tip no 9. Make sure everyone feels at home. One of the biggest things for me was because it is a brand new house I was a bit nervous about people spilling there drinks. Luckily this didn't happen. & to be honest I wouldn't have even been bothered if it did I was having that much fun it just would have been fine. But even if it does. So what it can be sorted. That's one of the risks you take when having a house party. Know one would do it on purpose. Accidents happen so don't panic if it does happen.

Tip no 10. And finally most importantly have fun and enjoy it. That's what party's are all about right!?

Sammii Ox



    

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment